Pages

Thursday, June 24, 2010

The Little Things

I think we can all agree that some of the most important or entertaining things in life are the little things. While I will probably go much more in depth on this topic, I have to start with a couple things that really aren't deeply significant or anything, but did in fact make my day.

First of all, on our 12 mile run on Sunday, it was once again quite hot. However, this week, we had two lovely surprises waiting for us...the first was at the halfway point in the form of another runner's husband with 2 jugs of ice cold water. The second was around mile 8 or 9, in the form of a fellow runner (or at least a runner's wife), with ice pops, ice to put on our necks/in our water, and Christmas music playing from her car. I wanted to give all of these people flowers, a medal of honor, something. It meant so much on such a hot day!

Second of all, yesterday was Crazy Hat Day at the camp where I work. My dad had gone to a Green Bay Packers game a few years back and brought me a cheesehead, so I decided to wear that for Crazy Hat Day. I thought the kids would like it, but I totally underestimated how much. They LOVED it, and I had kids all over campus pointing out my cheese hat. The kids in my own group just wanted to touch it all day, and I had been told several times that someone was going to eat my hat. And of course, there were all kinds of awesome crazy hats all over camp. It was a very fun day :)

So these aren't those super deep/meaningful little things that we tend to point out a lot, but these still put a smile on my face. Just thought I'd share :P

No comments:

Post a Comment