Pages

Wednesday, February 20, 2013

A Weekend of Epicness

Gahh I have so many awesome things to write about from the last few days...but I don't have any time!! My deadline of Tuesday night is quickly dwindling away, and I'm just now starting to write at 10:30 PM! Is this what happens when life gets busy again? My blog has to suffer??? Oh well, hopefully I'll get better about managing my time and schedule better for the next post, but for now I'll just have to do my best writing as quickly as possible so that I can actually get a good night's sleep.

In a way, my weekend started on Thursday night. Thirsty Thursdays, wooo!!! Yeahhh, no. Not really. My Thursday was a bajillion million zillion times better than that....

I GOT TO SEE MUMFORD AND SONS LIVE IN CONCERT!!!!!



I went with Dad, Kathy, and my friend Katie Purple, and I don't think there are enough words to properly capture how epic that show was. We were all completely blown away. Awesome and amazing were the two main words that kept coming out of my mouth but they didn't do the show nearly enough justice. I think my high energy and continuously enormous smile throughout the entire the next day, despite the fact that I was running on 4 hours of sleep and had to endure the day at work, spoke much more. Mumford and Sons are absolutely incredible performers, highly entertaining, and even better live than on their albums...and their albums are pretty darn good. We had awesome center seats and for part of the encore they came back to this little platform that was RIGHT IN FRONT OF US!!! One of the band members even waved at me!! I haven't been to many concerts, but this is by far the best one I've been to and it made my dad's top 3 list. Such an amazing night. 


Friday night I went from a loud concert hall to silence...literally. I drove to Upper Marlboro for my very first "silent" retreat. Why do I put that in quotations you may ask? Well, a few of us may have decided to talk a bit when we were back in our rooms. Did they really expect an all-women's retreat to be completely silent? But I have to say, having the majority of the weekend in silence was actually really nice. It was exactly what I needed to take a step back from my hectic life and give God more of the attention He deserves. Getting to talk to the girls occasionally was nice, too, and I think we managed to keep it at a nice balance. 

There were two particularly funny things from the retreat, though. 1. The "thing to do" was to get tea or coffee. It was so cold this weekend that we couldn't really walk around without freezing to death, we couldn't talk, and most of our activities involved sitting. You wanted something to do, you got tea. 2. As soon as an all-women's silent retreat ends, it gets VERY loud. 30 women who haven't been talking all weekend need to get as much speech in as they can!!

In all seriousness, though, I wish I had more time to write about this retreat and give it the attention it deserves. It truly was very beautiful, and even though I was hesitant about a silent retreat in the beginning, I'm very glad I went. I was also pleasantly surprised that several of the other women there were around my age, and I'm so glad I got the chance to meet them and hope we can all keep in touch [sadly no pictures for this part of the weekend, though :( ].

And finally, tonight. It's not exactly the weekend anymore since it's...well, Tuesday...and since I had to go back to work today (womp womp). But something exciting did happen...I finally made stuffed peppers for the first time and they were AMAZING!!! It was sort of a spontaneous decision while I was in the grocery store, but I'm so glad I went with it...despite the fact that I didn't eat dinner until almost 9:00 PM. I haven't been cooking anything besides quickie meals lately and I missed real cooking, so tonight was the night. My roommate Carolyn and I enjoyed dinner and a glass of wine and it was oh so yummy. Feast your eyes on this glorious-ness: 


NOMS. 

2 comments:

  1. There are actually TWO local DC groups with the name Thirsty Thursday. Been to either of them?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually I didn't even know there was ONE group called Thirsty Thursday. I'm not surprised, though. I was just thinking of Thirsty Thursdays from college.

      Delete