Pages

Monday, May 17, 2010

Blogging, Round Two

Writing my blog for Spain has inspired me to start another blog just on everyday life. I guess that officially gives me the nerdy title of "blogger," but it's fun, and I'm already a bit of a nerd as it is, so that's OK.

I realize that the coffee theme to this blog is a bit cliche, but the recent increase in my coffee addiction just made it all the more appropriate. I must admit that the theme to this blog didn't come from my own imagination, but instead I stumbled across a fun template and went from there. It was then that I remembered that some of the best conversations happen over a cup of coffee. Whether meeting a friend at a cafe or enjoying a casual Sunday morning coffee with your family at home, this caffeine-infused addictive drink just seems to be a great conversation starter. I'm hoping that maybe this blog can do the same thing. I'll write about anything and everything that comes to mind (that I would want to put in a blog of course)...thoughts about life, fun stories, and probably plenty of other random things as well. Whether this sparks conversation or not, I hope you all enjoy it.

One specific thing that I will probably write about is my running progress. I am currently training for the Marine Corps Marathon, so I figure if I have to post how good/bad I'm doing, I'll actually end up doing better. Don't worry, I won't go into tons of details that would bore any non-runners out there, but I'll just have short little updates here and there. For instance...today I had to make up for the 8-mile run I missed yesterday. I only made it 5, which sort of pissed me off (and clearly didn't make my dad happy either), but hopefully from here on out I will accomplish my workout goals.

I promise this blog will be more interesting (at least I hope so), but what better way to start than with a few random fun facts!

No comments:

Post a Comment