Pages

Monday, May 24, 2010

The Wheels are Turning...

Sorry it's taken me a while to write another post. To be honest, I haven't really wanted to. Coming up with a name for this blog has been more trouble than it's worth, and I just get more and more frustrated with each bad idea that comes to mind. Coming up with the title for my Spain blog was at least a little bit easier...at least there I had a general theme/topic to work with. But life in general? There is no one title (for me at least) that could do that subject justice. So here I am, settled on the plain and simple title of "The Coffee Break," after almost abandoning the idea of a coffee-themed blog altogether.I'm hoping that maybe in the future I can come up with a better name for this blog, but what can I say, titles have never exactly been my forte.

I return to my new blog tonight after finally watching "Julie and Julia" all the way through...the first time I attempted to watch it was on my trans-Atlantic flight to Spain, sharing a screen with the girl sitting next to me because mine didn't work, eventually ending in the movie cutting out about halfway through; all this while I still felt sick as a dog from my nerves that had built up over the course of the day. But now I have finally gotten to watch it, and I must say I really enjoyed it. While I can't say that the movie brought me to tears, it did get me thinking about something (besides food, of course)...that something big can in fact grow from something small. Something...like a blog.

Now, before you begin to think that I'm totally narcisistic, let me just say that I am not looking for my blog to become something big. Sure, it would be awesome if it did, but for the most part I just got to thinking that this blog could end up bringing about some sort of good. What kind of good, I'm not really sure, but any kind of good will be nice. Even just to be able to get some sort of writing experience, whether it's total crap or pretty decent...well I guess I can say that's a type of good in itself.

I must admit that looking at all these other fancy blogs with tags and long archives and hundreds of followers, etc etc, is a bit intimidating. But for now I think I'm just going to stick with the simplicity of my blog and go from there. Maybe as I write more I can get a bit fancier, but for all you tech-challenged people out there--you're welcome :)

Well, that's about it for now. Who knows what my next post will be about...I guess we'll all just have to wait and find out. But before I close, my marathon update...

MCM training update: Every run last week was a total bitch, even the shorter runs. Started to get discouraged in my traditional "bummer week" but had a good 8-miler on Sunday...even if it was in the pouring rain.

No comments:

Post a Comment