Pages

Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Elevator Speeches

As I waited for the elevator in my apartment this afternoon, a little boy (probably around 4 years old) and his mom came up. This conversation was too good not to share...

Boy: Why are we going upstairs, too?
Mom: Because that's where Nick lives
Boy: I knew that
Mom: Then why did you ask?
The little boy then proceeds to explain how when there's a fire it's better to take the stairs than the elevator. Smart kid.

Then once we're in the elevator...

Boy: Brrr, I'm cold!
Mom: Well, I told you to put your sweater on.
Boy: No, it's warm in here.

Then as I got off the elevator...

Boy: Is she leaving?
Mom: Does she look like she's leaving?
Repeat the last conversation in various versions as I walk down the hall. Too. Funny.

Kids just say the darndest things! What made this even better? He was wearing a fedora!!! And for those of you that may somehow magically remember this, this was a different little kid than the 4-year-old, fedora-wearing cutie that I saw when I first moved in. So many little people in fedoras saying hilarious things! OMG I can't handle the cuteness!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment