Pages

Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Praying for Boston

Ever since yesterday's horror in Boston, I, like everyone else, have been trying to make sense of it all. At this point I haven't been able to process it long enough to turn my thoughts into words. So for now, I'll keep it very short.

I did not personally know anyone at the marathon yesterday. But as a runner, I feel like there is an added level of sadness on top the typical whirlwind of emotion. The running community holds a very unique and special bond, and to see that community attacked hits a certain core. Not only is it painful to see the runners that have worked so hard be affected by it, but the spectators as well. Runners need all the support they can get to push through their races, and spectators pour out all their love and support to cheer on their loved ones. It breaks my heart to see so many wonderful people affected by this tragedy, and my heart truly goes out to the victims, their family and friends, and all of Boston.

While I may be struggling to find the right words to express this sadness, I found a few things on Facebook among my running friends that seem to capture a runner's sentiments quite well:





And finally:

"If you're trying to destroy the human spirit, marathoners are the wrong group to target."




Since all of these were found on Facebook, I do not know their original sources and am unable to cite them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment