Pages

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

I'll Start on January Second...

Happy New Year, everyone! We've finally made it to 2013 and it's time to start working on those long lists of unrealistic resolutions...tomorrow.

This year is the first time that I've heard it said that you shouldn't start acting on your resolutions on January 1st, but that you should actually start them on the 2nd. Which, when you think about it, makes a lot of sense. Let's face it - New Year's Day is a day of recovery. I'm pretty sure the only reason we all get off work today is because the whole world has one giant hangover. Even my body, which managed to escape the pounding head and churning stomach, is still recovering from the vast quantity and variety of alcohol that it took in last night. It's not exactly the best way to start moving forward. So don't worry about it - take advantage of not having to work today. Relax, recover, watch movies, and enjoy a little down time. But tomorrow it's time for all of us to get our asses in gear.

Today, however, there is one resolution that I'm digging into right away, and that's this lovely little blog of mine! I really want to write more, so I'm starting right here, right now. But why would I start today, you may ask, when I'm holding off on everything else? To let you all know that I'm hoping I'll have lots of things to write about and that I plan to do it often. I have lots of other resolutions, things like doing more service, going on adventures, seeing my family more, etc, that will all hopefully give me more writing material. So here we go, it's kick off time! But all those other things I will of course start tomorrow.

My goal is to write a blog post a week, about any topic (hopefully I succeed!). I'm really hoping to expand my writing skills, so constructive criticism is welcome! Did you like my post? Think it was a little boring? Did I overuse a word or phrase? Was it so incredibly mind-blowing that you think I deserve a Pulitzer? I can't improve if I don't get any feedback, so bring it on! Just don't be too mean...

Anywho, post number one of hopefully many in 2013. Happy New Year, and good luck with those resolutions!

No comments:

Post a Comment